Sunday, May 27, 2012

FORME : 2012 New Collection Sneak Preview

 

INSPIRATION. I am naturally drawn to strong geometric shapes and this latest collection was based on a series of asymmetrical polyhedrons. I began to notice them in flagstone and slate pathways, geometric herb gardens, and the overlapping power lines of the MUNI train in San Francisco. 


resonate with the strong lines of these shapes and I enjoy working with these forms as a departure from my previous work with very precise and symmetrical circles and elongated rectangles. 


Similar aesthetics and elements of movement and balance are carried through, but the new lines and shapes have an even more edgy and dynamic feel. 


The French name for the new collection came as an influence and homage to my Belgian maman. I loved the strength and simplicity of the word and  the various meanings - shape, silhouette, to make or mold- perfectly fit the various aspects of the collection.

1 comment: