Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dwell on Design 2012 Wrap Up

The most beautiful faucet I have ever seen. The true blend of form and function, I absolutely love when normally mundane objects are re-invented to be stunning pieces of art.
 www.graff-faucets.com


 

DWELL on Design 2012

What a show! I was thrilled to exhibit this year and couldn't ask for a better platform to launch FORME. I was utterly inspired at every turn and already can't wait until next year!

It would be so busy during the day I never had a chance to leave the booth to explore. So I would arrive at the convention center at 8 am before the doors would open to the public and walk the aisles, my jaw dropping at the innovative ideas and products represented.  It was an impressive set up, 2 full pre-fab houses were constructed inside the convention center, full showrooms were installed and even 2 airstream trailers were brought in. It was just a buffet of cutting edge design from across the entire spectrum, architecture, interiors, landscaping, home products, textiles, lighting and yes jewelry :)

Here are just a few of my personal favorites, it was very hard not to include the whole exhibitor directory!
You can see the whole catalog here: http://dod.dwell.com/exhibits

www.husque.com
My neighbor at the show, a husband and wife team with great talent:
www.shopstiles.com
Furniture made of salvaged pieces from our iconic bridge:
 www.ggbfurniture.com
wakanine.com
I was especially intrigued by a series of companies that create furniture
that fold and pack flat:
 www.folditure.com
www.spooningarmchair.com
An actual bubble house! Practical, maybe not, really cool, no question!
Check out the video demo of this multi purpose light
to get the full effect, such a wonderful design:
www.cernogroup.com



www.cernogroup.com
bkbceramics.com
www.vitra.com
One of my fellow jewelers at the show.
Claudia is wonderful in person and her work is undeniably beautiful!
www.claudiaendler.com
This company designs a series of clever catch alls for 
sunglasses, keys, wallets-- making organization easy and stylish! 
Check out their urban planters that double as number plates for your home:
Modular, magnetic and multi purpose!
www.myurbio.com
I had the chance to meet the lovely ladies behind handful of salt, an innovative site on the "craft of modern design", which has made me an even bigger fan! If you have not had a chance yet, check it out! www.Handfulofsalt.com




No comments:

Post a Comment